Welcome! I’m David, an ex-professional cocktail instructor and creator of Make Cocktails at Home.
The goal of this site is right there in the name: I want to show you how you can make delicious cocktails in your own home. To make great drinks we need to have a good understanding of the basics: the ingredients we’ll be using, our equipment, how (and why) we mix the drinks, and so on.
Check out the links below to quickly get up-to-speed. You’ll be a cocktail mixing master before you know it!
- Essential Ingredients for your home cocktail bar (incl. spirits, liqueurs, bitters and more)
- Make Sugar Syrup at home
- How to make Grenadine at home
Understand your Ingredients
- The Easy Guide to Alcohol – Fermentation, Distillation and Spirits
- The Easy Guide to Alcohol – Liqueurs
- Cocktails Deconstructed
- Easy Guide to Lime Juice – Fresh Lime, Roses Cordial and the Gimlet